Thursday, July 31, 2008

Third day - pretty eventless

  • I'm getting there 
  • They pick me up at the exact minute
  • I'm taking off my shirt and lie down
  • They ask me to move up a little bit and put the head mask on
  • Two minutes later the radiation starts. 



10 fields, the head unit turns to the lower right and two fields are radiated. The head moves to upper right, another two fields are radiated. The head unit turns all the way to the top and I can look at it from under neath - another two fields. Upper left and lower left follow. 

This time I've counted the seconds for every field. Based on my counting I guess on field receives between 15 and 25 seconds radiation. 

My biggest concern is that my oral mucosa is being affected more radically than in average. I'm concerned about it because of my special condition. I haven't been talking about it yet but I have a "autoimmune polyendocrine disease type I - APS-1". Maybe I'll provide more background on it later but for the start: APS-1 usually comes with a mild immune deficiency causing persistent oral candida yeast infections.  In my case this candida yeast infection is what troubles me the most with regards to APS-1. There are other features active in my case but the candida is a real pain. I'm worried that with radiation this becomes even worse. Most likely I'll know more in about one week.


No comments: