Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 12 and 13

The position of my head, neck and tongue needs to be the same for every session. Head and neck are controlled by the head mask. For the tongue they've given me a piece of durex which gets hard after a while. The ceremony for each session is the same:

  • I walk into the room
  • "Hello Mr Scherl". "Hello together"
  • I take off my shirt
  • They cheer me on because of my athletic body (just kidding)
  • I lie down
  • I get the mouth piece
  • They pull over the head mask and fix it
  • They bring me into position
  • They leave
  • 10 fields are being radiated
  • They come back and pull off the head mask
  • I return the mouth piece
  • Get up and get dressed
  • "Good bye". "See you tomorrow"

The last two days I took some liquid food for the first time. It's ok. Not a gourmet dinner but honestly I don't crave for one right now. My body craves for citrus fruits, water melons and cucumber salad. Because some of the food burns right now I make my tongue numb from time to time before eating. Doctors say my tongue reacts above the norm but not extremely. They want to keep the dosis as is and do a control CT next week. I look forward to the control CT - the most positive result would be that my tumor responds to the radiation and the positive lymph nodes are getting smaller. Worst case - nothing changed. Absolut worst case but unlikely - the lymph nodes got bigger.

Breakfast
  • bread and jam
  • tea
11 o'clock snack
  • liquid food
Lunch
  • cold vegetables, some fresh cheese and some couscous
Dinner
  • noodles and some chinese vegetables
I couldn't exercise the last two days but will go for a run or biking tomorrow. Didn't sleep alot from Thursday to Friday but was in a better mental shape on Friday. Eating is actually more eanking - I take a sip of water for every bite to make swallowing easier.

No comments: