Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 14 - how to prevent a lightning storm in your mouth

Every morning and evening I have to put these braces on. They are tailored made for me and before putting them on I smear one of two lotions on them. The lotions are to treat the dental enamel.

Funny enough I also need to wear the braces during radiation. Today I've asked why. Turns out that without them the radiation of protons can turn into electrons and cause a small lightning storm in your mouth. Of course I don't want that to happen. Uff - I hope I don't forget them ever.

The weekend helped me to recover. Today felt better than last week. I'm sure the weekend helped but I recovered better than a week ago. Maybe this is thanks to the acupuncture therapy I've started on Thursday. The idea is not to fight cancer with acupuncture but to ease the negative side affects caused by the radiation. The therapy is divided into two parts: acupuncture for 30 min followed by a massage for 60 min.

I don't understand most of what is going on with this cancer and the radiation and why my immune system couldn't kill the cancer cells. I also don't know if I ever will be healed fully, although I'm positive about it. I know though that no matter what, I'm still alive and there are ways to improve quality of life. In physical but also in a metaphysical matters. I feel it's my job to explore them and that's what I'm doing.

I think I've also figured out why I lost some weight even though I forced myself to eat a lot. It must be related to an insufficient supply of Cortisol. I may talk about this later but just in short - my body doesn't produce any by itself and I need to substitute it. During times of greater stress one should increase the dose. I may have not increased it sufficiently. The risk of suppressing my immune system with too much Cortisol was too high for me, so I kept it low on purpose.

I ran 16km today. Could eat without painkiller but had to take a sip of water with every bite. Didn't eat enough. Tomorrow is number 15 and on Wednesday is maintenance day. Because of that I'll have to do two radiation sessions on Thursday.

Breakfast
  • one cup of coffee
  • croissant with jam
  • four slices with bred
  • yogurt
11 o'clock
  • liquid food from the doctor
Lunch
  • Pasta with tomato sauce
Dinner
  • cornflakes with milk
  • water melon

No comments: